The trademark professionals of Gallo & Partners provide complete assistance to clients throughout the process of registering a trademark, and also provide expert opinions in particular on the possibilities and opportunities of deposits considering the risks of use in the trademark market and on the possibilities of applying of trademark rights.
Our professionals are qualified to represent client companies for the filing, obtaining and defense of their trademark rights in all countries of the world, in particular before the Italian Patent and Trademark Office (UIBM), the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO); the International Trademark Office (WIPO) or in any country through our selected network of correspondents.
In particular, we provide services of:
- Advice and opinions on the optimal protection strategy of a trademark at a global level, through preliminary checks of registrability;
- Searches for identity, similarity and opinions on registrability of trademarks;
- Management and development of trademark portfolios and review of existing trademark portfolios in order to optimize protection, fill any gaps and optimize costs for maintenance;
- Filing and prosecution of Italian, European, international trademark applications as well as with the individual national offices of any country until registration is obtained;
- Filing and prosecution of oppositions against competitors' trademarks and defense in passive oppositions of the trademarks of our client companies, in particular before the Italian Patent and Trademark Office, the European Union Intellectual Property Office and before the foreign national offices through our network of local correspondents;
- Filing and prosecution of revocation and nullity actions against competitors' trademarks and defense in passive actions of the trademarks of our client companies, in particular before the Italian Patent and Trademark Office, the European Union Intellectual Property Office and before overseas national offices through our network of local correspondents;
- Surveillance service to promptly inform customers of the submission by third parties of trademark applications that can be confused with the trademarks of client companies;
- Advice on counterfeiting and unfair competition, in extrajudicial phases or in the course of a lawsuit;
- Customs defense measures;
- Assistance in the transfer of trademark rights to third parties or in the acquisition of third party rights;
- Organization of conferences on specific topics or training courses for company personnel destined to become an internal reference for the client company.